- Shyiesha Watson showed me this important idea that I think all libraries should implement: Allow teens to be their own voice.
- Teen librarianship is filled with outreach, communicating with the teens in the community and teen literature.
- So knowing the teens on a first name basis helps and providing snacks is always a plus. Keeping teens engaged can be challenging but this advice will help me to form connections with my future patrons.
- Teen spaces are just as important as children’s and adult spaces. While teens might be more excited or difficult, it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have their own space.
- YALSA and the New YorkTimes Best-selling lists will always be the selection criteria when deciding what to bring to the library.